We collect and store the following personal information as part of the services we offer:
- Email address, physical contact information and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as: credit card or bank account numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying, selling, items and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- Shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies;
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- Other supplemental information from third parties (for example if you incur a debt to Club Hockey Canada, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
We may also receive information that you or others share about you using TeamHub. This may include:
- Team name;
- Team roster;
- Player availability;
- Communications among Bench Staff, Players, and Parents.
If you post a photo to or share a photo using TeamHub, the photo will become accessible to other teammates and administrators. Photos may also be viewed by other users of TeamHub and the website, including staff of Club Hockey, its service providers and organizations invited to participate by Members. Because photos may be saved to the viewer’s device or shared using methods offered by the viewer’s device or browser, these photos may become public. DO NOT POST OR SHARE PHOTOS THAT YOU WISH TO REMAIN PRIVATE.
Club Hockey Canada does not moderate photos and other material contributed to TeamHub. If you are concerned about the appropriateness of the content of a photo or if you believe that the use of a photo infringes your intellectual property rights (including copyright) or the intellectual property rights of another person, please contact the Bench Staff (see Program Rules) for your team to request that the photo removed or to advise the Bench Staff of your concerns. If the Bench Staff does not address your concerns, you may contact email@example.com. In your email, please describe the specific nature of your concern and provide us with your name, address, email address, and a telephone number where you can be reached. See the Program Rules for more information.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference on the website or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
We use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
TeamHub and other features of our services may permit you and Bench Staff, Players and Parents to share information about you. We do not control how other individuals use information that they collect about you or how they share that information.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety. Such information is disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We also share your personal information with:
- Members of Hockey Canada Branch Associations or other Hockey Canada affiliates to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you've requested their services;
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, provision of this website and associated services, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards);
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or in response to a subpoena, warrant or order. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation or that is required to respond to the subpoena, warrant or order. This information could include any information in our possession or control, such as name, city, provinces/state, postal/zip code, country, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, photos, and bidding and listing history;
- Participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity;
- Others, including law enforcement, when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity; and
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café‚ certain information about you such as your User ID, activity or reminders from Club Hockey Canada may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Activity Associated with User IDs
Your User ID is displayed throughout Club Hockey Canada (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Club Hockey Canada activity.
Using Information from Club Hockey Canada
Club Hockey Canada enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- Club Hockey Canada transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- Using services offered through Club Hockey Canada (such as escrow, shipping and fraud complaints), or other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
Cookies & Other Digital Markers
We use digital marker technologies, such as "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) and clear GIFs (small image files) on certain pages and promotional communications to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about digital markers are:
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services;
- We use digital markers to predict yoru interest in future promotional messages or advertising related to your interests; and
- You may encounter cookies and other digital markers from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Club Hockey Canada communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Club Hockey Canada users to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
To report Club Hockey Canada-related spam or spoof emails to Club Hockey Canada, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Program Rules. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Club Hockey Canada password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Club Hockey Canada and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to Club Hockey Canada. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible. However, information about you that has been created by others or that you have been shared with others and that appears in their account will not be removed from view. Your account information will not be permanently deleted from active data unless you make a request. You may make a request to email@example.com. Please note that we may require information from you to identify you before we delete an account. Furthermore, we will not permanently delete account information from closed accounts if this information is relevant to or required in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Club Hockey Canada Terms and Conditions, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Even when your account information is permanently deleted, it may still exist in archived copies of our website information.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
When using the Internet, your personal information may pass through other countries. In addition, we use service providers that may be located outside of Canada. We require service providers who receive your personal information from us to provide your personal information with a comparable level of protection. However, your personal information that is transmitted through or stored or accessed from other countries will also be subject to the laws of those other countries.
Questions and Complaints
Club Hockey Canada has appointed a Privacy Officer who is accountable for Club Hockey’s privacy practices. If your questions are not answered online, you may write to the Privacy Officer at the following address: Club Hockey Canada Privacy Officer, 157 Adelaide Street West, Suite 521, Toronto, On M5H 4E7 You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Privacy Inquiry” in the subject line to help us route your question or complaint to the Privacy Officer or the delegate of the Privacy Officer.